Friday, September 30, 2016

Trunk Club: How it Works & a Sneak Peek!

Trunk Club: My First Trunk!


Have you heard of trunk club? It's a service offered by Nordstrom where a stylist picks options and mails them to you. If you want to learn more, click TRUNK CLUB.


How it works:


My sister referred me to this service. My initial experience was really different than my sisters. I signed up with her stylist, answered some style and size questions, sent the stylist a message, and I was ready to go. Seemed odd...they didn't ask my price point, etc. My sister stated for her first box they talked on the phone about her price points, sizes, what she was looking for, and brands she liked. My sister did reach out to my stylist though and told her same style and price points as her so maybe that's part of it. My stylist messaged me back within an hour and had my trunk ready for me a few hours later.

I asked for a athletic wear trunk. I really just need to throw out all my work out clothes and start over. I got some Zella pieces from the Nordstrom sale and really liked them. That's also a pretty easy request for a stylist so I didn't give her much detail to go on. I find that with other similar services as well if you are open to a general category versus wanting specific pieces you will have a greater chance of being happy with your trunk.
Note: Trunk club will be starting to charge a $25 fee in October that can be put towards your purchase but I got my request in a week prior to this so no charge!


Initial Fix Options:

My fix included 12 items total. Shipping and returns are free. You may be asked to pay a $25 fee that will be put towards your purchase. Your stylist will send you pictures of what she has picked for you and then you have the option to remove. You can leave comments on all options. I only commented on the items that I removed to let her know why. There were three pairs of similar shoes; a white pair, a pleather pair, and a black quilted pair. I removed all but the quilted pair. It's almost winter and not white shoe weather and I have no idea what I would have worn the pleather pair with. When you remove an item you don't get a preview of the replacement, they just ship it out. My trunk shipped the next day.

The next step it to try it all on, keep what I like, and return what I don't. Stay tuned for my reveal in my next blog post!








Sneak Peek:


The items I will be receiving are below, along with two "mystery" items to replace the shoes.











What do you think of the options?

Stay tuned for my reveal post once I receive my trunk!




Want to see more reviews? Check out my sister's trunk reviews on her blog:

Why Won't Mom Clean the Basement.


1 comment: